Silje Eriksen -
Forside Flg Bloggen Om meg Kontakt


Since its christmas I thought I would make a christmas themed blog post. One of my favourite things to do during christmas is watching christmas movies. This year I started off quite late since weve been travelling so much. Now, on the other hand, I have had so much time on my hands that Ive almost covered all the classics. So I figured that I should try to find some new movies that I had not seen before. All of these movies are really good. So if you are looking for some new movies to watch I recommend you to check out these. You can also check out my last blog post with christmas movies >here<.

What is your favourite christmas movie?


    Local Time: 7:47 pm

    Thursday morning we left the beautiful island Boracay. We had some amazing few days there and the last day was well spent at the beach. Our flight from Caticlan went early in the morning, so we arrived quite early in Manila. This time we checked in at a five star hotel in the city. The reason why we booked a hotel room this time instead of a hostel was because of our first impression of the city. When we first arrived the Philippines it was so much slum and certain areas was dangerous and not recommended. So to be on the safe side this time we did some research online for a place that was safe and recommended. We got a great deal on the hotel, so we were really stoked. The hotel is called "Makati Dimonds Residences" and we got a studio apartment. We did not expect a luxury room even though it was a five star hotel. But as soon as we entered the lobby we felt like we were being treated like royals. The service was beyond amazing. They brought our bags to our room and the room even had a door bell. The room was seriously so stunning, I cannot even justify it with words. The hotel also offered a huge gym, swimming pool, spa, etc. We only used the gym, but it was so nice to have a proper workout even though we are on a holiday. The breakfast was not included, but the price was not too bad. It was about 650 pesos each, which is around 120 NOK. The breakfast was definitely worth the money, they had a good selection of everything. We did not have that much time in Manila to go sightseeing, so we ended up just charging our batteries at the hotel and just walking through the big mall that was across the road, ha ha.

    A little christmas spirit in Manila!

    After spending one night in Manila we left early for the airport to reach our flight to Singapore. We checked in at a hostel located in Chinatown. The location is quite ok and it is easy to get around with the bus. Today we walked from the hostel to the Bugis Street, which took about 20-25 minutes. In this street they have a lot of discounted stuff. So we just walked around the area and went for some shopping. They also had super cheap juices. I bought a dragonfruit/kiwi juice for about $1 and it was so good and refreshing. The weather was cloudy, but still it has been really hot. After some sightseeing and window-shopping we went to Arab Street, which is a very cool street. They had a lot of arabian restaurants and clothing shops. We decided to eat at one of the restaurants and it was so interesting to try out real kebab. While we were eating it started pouring rain. The taxi driver told us yesterday that it is raining season here in Singapore. So I think we should consider investing in an umbrella. Now were just chilling the rest of the day and then doing some more sightseeing tomorrow.

    This was the food me and Oda shared at the arabian restaurant, it looks good right?


    Local Time: 7:50 am


    Yesterday was a long but great day. We started our day with breakfast at Stone, where I ate a plate with eggs, potato, beans and bacon and Oda ordered a burrito. I dont think the philippine people know how to make healthy breakfast, everything is just unhealthy unless you just order some fruits, haha. Anyway, after breakfast we went to Ariels Point office and waited there for an hour until we were picked up by a boat. The boat trip took about 40 minutes. When we arrived we saw a big outdoor house area which was built out on the rocks, it was so nice. We were walkingthrough caves on the way to the top and the rocks were so stunning.At the top there were so many nice seating areas and people started cliff jumping right away. There were three different cliff jumps, 5 meters, 8 meters and 15 meters. Oda jumped all three and I did none. When I was supposed to jump at 5 meters my hole body just froze. So I decided not to jump this time. I did some cliff jumping when we were rafting in Spring Break, but then I didnt know how high it was, so I think it made it easier to jump, haha. Oda on the other hand was so brave. I was so scared for her when she jumped at 8 and 15. I actually think I got more scared on her behalf than she did herself. After cliff jumping we were served some BBQ and just spent the rest of the day enjoying the sun and taking some pictures. If we wanted to we could also do some snorkelling and kayaking. On the way back from Ariels Point there were so big waves. So it was like a roller coaster ride on the water all the way back with big splashes of water comingall over us, constantly. It was actually pretty fun, since the air is so hot and the water gave us a little cool off. Later on, we decided to just order some sushi take away. The sushi down here is seriously the best sushi I have ever eaten. This is actually the first time I have tried sushi with raw fish and surprisingly I loved it.

    This was when Oda jumped from 15 meters. I promise you that it looks higher in real life than it does in this photo. The photo cannot give the height justice. I was so scared on Odas behalf, haha, she's crazy! :D


    Local time: 6:45 pm

    Uy, kung paano ang pagpunta dito? (Hei, hvordan gr det?)

    Were in BORACAY! I cannot believe it. Me and Oda left Surfers Paradise saturday morning. It was weird to say goodbye to the place that has been our home for the last five months. Im going to miss that place so much and im already looking forward to go back to Australia some day. Our plane left from Brisbane. So we were picked up 5 in the morning and then our plane left for Sydney about 8:30. We didnt have much time between our flights, so our flight to Manila left about an hour after landing in Sydney. We had to go through security and when I got through I saw that Oda was picked out to random checks by the security. So I checked our plane tickets and I saw that we only had 5 minutes until the gate was opening. So I ran to the gate and barely made it in time. Then they said the plane was delayed and I was so happy. So I called Oda and said that our plane was delayed. I had the biggest plan about running and stopping them from leaving without us. But luckily they were delayed, so everything turned out ok.

    The flight from Sydney to Manila took about 8-9 hours. We were sleeping almost all the way, except from when we got food. I must say that Quantas Airways impressed me. The food was so good and they actually managed to give both gluten and dairy free food and snacks, so I was in heaven. When we arrived in Manila we ordered a Uber, since we were supposed to stay in Santa Cruz for the night. When we were waiting, some people came up to us and asked us where we were headed. They told us that the area we had booked a hostel in was really bad and they wouldnt recommend us going there and also it would take us several of hours to arrive since the traffic was horrible at this hour. So they gave us a tip to stay at hotel/hostel close to terminal 3, nearby the airport. Also the hotel/hostel provided us with free shuffle from and to the airport. So we stayed there a night instead and left for the airport early sunday morning to reach our flight to Caticlan. We arrived Caticlan around 9-10 sunday morning and from Caticlan we took the ferry to Boracay.

    We took a motorbike taxi from the harbour to our hotel. The transport was so funny, it was like a box that was attached to a motorbike. Our hotel is placed on the beach and it has a beachy, hawaiian, tribe look and vibe. It is so cool and the atmosphere is great. When we checked in we received some welcoming drinks and they were so good. Our room wasnt ready when we arrived, so we ordered some breakfast and just enjoyed the view. When our room was ready we left our stuff there and went to the beach. The beaches here are so beautiful. After a couple of hours on the beach we decided to take a break from the sun, so we brought our books to the bar/restaurant area and we sat down in a hammock each. This is seriously the most relaxing place Ive ever been to, exactly what we both needed. Later on, we went to a greek restaurant that one of the staff recommended and then we ended our night early since we were so tired of all the travelling.

    Ahhh... This is what I call living the good life... and by the way, this is one of the best mango juices Ive ever tried. The mango down here is magical!

    Today we woke up early. Ate some breakfast, we tried a traditional fillipino dish. It was actually pretty good. Then we went to white beach, which is on the other side of the island, but it just takes about 10 minutes to walk. We rented some sun chairs and then we stayed there for a couple of hours. The sand was so white and the water was crystal clear. It was one of the nicest beaches Ive seen, besides Whitsundays. After the beach we went for a massage. We booked a one hour full body massage and it was the best massage Ive had. Money well spent. Me and Oda quickly decided that we have to take one more before we leave, haha. Now were just chilling with some fruits in the bar/restaurant area before were headed out for dinner later on. Tomorrow were planning on cliff jumping at Ariels Point. The cliff is about 20 meters high, so Im a little nervous, but also really excited.

    Superman to the rescue :D haha, me and Oda got a big laugh when we saw this photo!

    Boracay, we love you!


    Local Time: 11:28

    What you need:

    • 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
    • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
    • 7 tablespoons oatmeal
    • 2 tablespoons gluten free flour (or whatever you prefer)
    • 1 carrot
    • 1 egg
    • 1.5 teaspoon stevia (or sweetening you prefer)

    Mix all the dry ingredients together then add all the wet ingredients. Rasp the carrot and mix it with the rest. After youve done that you section the mixture to small cookies on a baking sheet. Place it in the oven on 200 degrees for about 15 minutes.

    These are seriously so amazing and of course guilt free. I hope you guys enjoy the recipe :-)

  • Silje Eriksen

    Bergenser som flyttet til Stavanger hsten 2013. Blogger om livet som student, mote, kosthold og trening. Hsten 2015 kan dere flge meg p mitt eventyr som utvekslingsstudent i Australia :-)

    Norske blogger bloglovin



    Siste innlegg